Thursday, May 25, 2023

Imagined As A Picture from Heaven

 

     Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey Jr., his grandson Matthew, and grandson Daniel who all occupy Heaven now.


                        Some theologians tell us that once in Heaven, we receive new bodies. This will be a relief to so many of us who need everything from better teeth to a back that is less sore. I must admit that I take great comfort in this thought from time to time. 

                 Some faiths tell us that in Heaven, many of us look as we did in our thirties. The painting above shows my father at the far left at about thirty. It shows my son Matthew in his early thirties, as he was when he passed. It shows my son Daniel,  before he died before 13.  I will admit that it is hard to imagine Daniel as being an adult now.

                 It does help sometimes to imagine the three of them working together, laughing and recalling times they spent together. It helps to make my own time here with Matthew and Daniel's siblings and their Dad, and their nephews and niece, just a little bit easier. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment